Nov 19, 2013

Midnight Musings


MIDNIGHT MUSINGS
represent the little things. 
During the late hours before I fall asleep, 
I like to think about the seemingly insignificant
blessings that are present in my day-to-day life. 


This photo was taken on the island of Oahu, around 3 am on a Sunday morning. 
If you can guess the vantage point, kudos!
Hint...it may or may not be illegal.

While solo night driving excursions tend to be less fun and more scary, 
group trips are so enjoyable and relaxing.
I clearly remember the nights when my family piled into the car and took off.
Practically never having a destination, the adventure existed in the mystery of it all. 
Snuggling up to my pillow, I recall being the only kid still awake. 
Silence, save for the murmured conversations between my parents.
There's nothing quite like it. 

Nowadays, you'd be hard-pressed to find me without headphones and a fully-charged iPod.
No more classic Disney CD's and Tappet Brothers. Just me and my music. 
It's a different kind of peace...listening to everything. From the melancholy sound of bagpipes
to the cheerful, foot-tapping songs from the fifties, it all sounds good to my fresh ears.

But, sometimes it's nice to rest.
Take a break from technology and just be.
Go for a ride with the windows down.
The whistling wind and crackling gravel are parts of nature's symphony.
Most of the time, that's all our ears need.

No comments:

Post a Comment